Monday, June 25, 2012

Sugar(free) Magnolias!

The other day I did something fun.

Mike wanted to go out to breakfast at Sugar Magnolias, but I hesitated, since I'm doing this 10-days of no sugar, I thought I'd rather go when I can have a big yummy pancake or something...plus it's a little pricy. So instead, I created "Sugar-Free Magnolias" (doubly appropriate, since we live in Magnolia!) with a menu and everything!

I filled the menu with yummy options from the original Sugar Mags menu (which I would make using recipes from spoonfulofsugarfree, such as these and these), and my own creations as well.


Mike ordered the "My Big Fat Greek Omelet" (a solid choice) which came with a side of sweet potato home fries (to make those, I roughly followed this recipe)

"My Big Fat Greek Omelet" = 2 eggs, whisked with a splash of milk, a sprinkle of sauteed red onion, feta cheese, and snipped fresh oregano



Sweet potato home fries (2 servings):
peel and dice 1 small/medium sweet potato.
Put potato in a small pot with water, and bring to a boil. Boil for 8 minutes.
mix some paprika (2-3 tsp?) and coarse salt (1/2 tsp?) in a dish.
In a skillet, saute 2 garlic cloves (minced or sliced) and diced red onion (2 T.?)
Drain the potatoes and let them air dry for a minute.
Add the potatoes to the skillet, along with the paprika & salt. 
Stir to coat.
Grind some black pepper over the top, and stir again. 





Good to the last drop! =)

It was so much fun to pretend to be a real breakfast cafe!

1 comment: