Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I Kissed Sugar Goodbye (for 10 days)

This past weekend some friends and I decided to join a 10-day Sugar-Free Challenge from Sugar Free Alex . Today is Day #1 and so far so good!

I have been trying to cut back on sugar anyway, so I already have a bunch of meals that I love that have no added sugar. Some things, however, are more of a challenge (coffee?!).

One of my favorite breakfasts happens to be sugar-free: refrigerator oats with fruit!

This morning I made it with blueberries. :) 


I got the recipe from katheatsrealfood and I love it. I usually leave out the banana and I add berries instead.

Here's the basic formula:
1/3 c. oats
1/3 c. plain yogurt
1/3 c. milk (I use almond milk)
1/2 T. chia seeds
pinch of salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 c. fruit of choice

Mix ingredients together in a mason jar and refrigerate overnight! Yum!

For lunch we had super yummy Thai Crunch Chicken Salad, although I had to make a separate dressing for myself because the one in the recipe has sweet chili sauce, which I assume has sugar in it. This is a great lunch for summer - light, refreshing, healthy, and packed with flavor and crunch!

I modified the recipe a little - I left out the brown sugar (and I'm glad I did!), didn't have edamame, and added some Sriracha for added kick. Yum.




I love the way green onions look all sliced up... :)


I'm not sure what to have for dinner yet, but I'm thinking Fish Tacos and grilled corn on the cob....:)

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of the refrigerator oats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Next time I'll make some for you too :)

      Delete